South Burnett Sub-Chamber
Some of the Burnett shows were originally affiliated with the Burnett Wide Bay Sub Chamber, but the South Burnett Sub Chamber come into its own in 1938 with the membership of Yarraman, Nanango, Kingaroy, Wondai, Murgon and Goomeri. These shows were all held in the April/May period.
Some facts about the South Burnett area include:
- In 1945 Kilkivan Show was formed and became a member.
- Cherbourg Show became affiliated in 1946 but only existed for four years.
- Wondai changed their show dates in 1952 to be held with success after the Brisbane Ekka.
- In 1958 Proston was formed and became affiliated.
- Blackbutt defected from the West Moreton and Brisbane Valley Sub Chamber to join South Burnett in 2001.
The Sub Chamber has always supported Queensland Ag Shows competitions with excellent results. Now with only seven affiliated shows- Proston, Murgon, Goomeri, Nanango, Kingaroy, Blackbutt and Wondai- the Sub Chamber maintains regular meetings to ensure all shows are conversant with current regulations. They may be small in number, but these shows are large in standard.
For information regarding show dates, schedules, programs and general questions please contact the individual Show Society’s secretary or the Sub Chamber secretary.
We hope you enjoy the shows within the South Burnett Sub Chamber.
Affiliated Show Societies:
- Blackbutt Show Society
- Goomeri & District Show Society
- Murgon Show Society
- Nanango AP&M (Show) Society
- Proston PA & H Ass Inc
- South Burnett National Show Society (Kingaroy) Inc
- Wondai AP&I Society Inc